Under the Civil Society in Uganda Support Programme (CUSP), KWID partnered with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) to implement the Organizational Capacity Building Project from May 2020 – September 2021.
The programme is jointly funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development-BMZ. The Capacity Development Project aims at developing the organizational and human capacity of KWID so that it can further strengthen its role as an advocate for change and women’s rights in the Kigezi region.
The following results were realized;
- Strengthened internal governance structures through a revised constitution. The constitution was revised and approved by the Annual General Meeting. And it’s the guiding document for all KWID structures and all the operations at KWID.
- Enhanced oversight through the oriented KWID Board, functional AGM, and a new board manual. The board manual was developed, and new board oriented.
- Increased and coherent strategic orientation of mandate and more effective implementation through an updated KWID Strategic Plan 2019-2023.
- Enhanced organizational capacity through revised policy documents and strengthened human capacity eg Financial policy.
- Increased staff motivation through improved staff talks and team retreat which resulted in reduced staff turnover.
- Digitalization of work at KWID after training and provision of digital equipment.
- Supported KWID to hold its Silver Jubilee
- Supported KWID to hold its 2021 Board and annual general meeting